Sunday, February 13, 2011

Laws of Dating

So I'm sitting here watching The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe and am now wanting turkish delight. I love this movie but of course like the book more.
Anyways, that's not what I am writing about. I picked up a little booklet, called Laws of Dating, something that I had read a couple of years ago and wanted to share some of the highlights out of it. Of course there are way more points than I can put in this blog but since the whole world is focused on love at this time of year I want to add a few points from the book. Not really about love, but about dating. It maybe can help see why relationships haven't worked out or what to look for in your special someone in the future. It really helped me especially through my break ups. (not that all these things were wrong with my relationships).
So the laws:
1. If it isn't easy and isn't fun, break up!
2. Date only people whom you would consider marrying.
3. If your dating partner uses/abuses alcohol, prescription meds, illegal drugs or mind/mood altering substances of any kind, break up.
4. If your dating partner is physically, sexually, or verbally abusive, break up!
5. Before you date, know how far is too far.
6. If either party needs to rescue, fix, or change or to be rescued, fixed, or changed, break up.
7. If either party tends to control, dominate, or isolate the other party from friends or family, break up.
8. If you find it difficult to talk or to be accurately understood or if you find that the two of you avoid unpleasant issues in the relationship break up.
9. If you've been the victim of molestation, incest or rape, get help before you date seriously.
10. Surrender your dating life and your sexuality to Jesus. (the most important)

Anyways, I don't know what this will do for you but maybe it will help in someway and this Valentines Day don't think of your singleness (I'm trying not to do this) but think of others. In our quest to find what true love is remember...

P.S. I love Aslan

2 comments:

  1. good points.... and i used to have such a wonderful outlook on turkish delight like it was some amazing wonderful chocolately goodness. but those dreams were shattered when i actually tried it in israel and it was NOT chocolately, but fruity, and NOT amazingly wonderful in my opinion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah israeli turkish delight really did not delight me. I bought a whole bunch and then threw it all out when I got home. Luther brought some from turkey and it was actually really good. There was a chocolate one that was good too. Besides Edmund's looked juicier or something. If we could only acquire Edmund's I think we would be set.

    ReplyDelete