Today marks history's sweetest wedding up to this point, Julie's and Mom's are coming up though. Kristina Dunn, well now Dubs, is probably the worlds sweetest person. Years ago in high school a friend died and she held me for hours while I cried. It was more than just a friend dying though it was tears bottled up that hadn't had a chance to break free yet. When finally they did break free she was there for me. She has made my life more beautiful in so many ways and I am happy beyond words that she has found the man of her dreams.
One thing that hit me the most at this wedding was that both of them waited. God made it clear to both of them, even though it took a little while, that they were meant for each other. Now, they know that God has placed them together and even when the hard times come they will be reminded that it was God who engineered their romance. What can be more satisfying than knowing that you are where God wants you?
Waiting is scary but a future with the wrong person is even scarier. Lord, decide who you have for me because I can't choose on my own. Design my romance and please give me the patience to wait...
I was reading a book last week about written by a secular author, and I was so sad to see her point of view on marriage. She considered it a hindrance, or a bother. It's nice to see normal families for once.
ReplyDelete