Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Sign of the Fish

         In a usual school morning fashion I rolled out of bed, put my hair in a ponytail, ate a bowl of cereal and headed out the door to class. Walking out the door, there before me was something most UNusual. Dangling in the air, suspended by a hook was...  a dead fish. Someone had carefully put it on my mother's bike handlebar beside my purse that was airing out after this last weekends camping expedition. Needless to say, I was throughly grossed out and immediately texted my brother who was in class. He had not seen the unfortunate creature yet and was worried about it's significance. Here is a picture of the poor little fella as evidence that this story is true... 





         Upon reaching class I begin telling my classmates about what I had seen. They all laughed and said that was indeed very strange. I didn't give it much thought until later in the day it begin to nag me. I was positive it was someone I knew quite well because my best friends are all outdoor, ride horses, catch fish, adventure seeking, prank pulling people.  I started questioning Chett, a good friend who was in my first class and had heard the story. He laughed about it but this time he just kept smiling and said that I should ask Ron. The plot thickened when, after texting Ron, I discovered that he found a dead fish on his dorm room door! Chett knew to much so I started pestering him. His response was, "Share your catch with your friends."  I also texted and called Marsh who was next on my list of suspects. His response was, "Well, did you sniff it?" To which I practically fell on the floor in a fit of laughter. Next text, "that's what happens when you sniff a gift fish... random unexplainable things begin to unfold that only fish can control. So, don't sniff it." This sent me into another peal of laughter. Needless to say, I think that the culprits have been found... Marsh and Chett. You pranksters just totally made my day even if it was a sad day for the fish... 

2 comments: