Sometimes airlines confuse me. Example: it cost more money to fly from Atlanta to Ontario, CA then it does from Nashville but there is a layover in Atlanta when you fly through Nashville. Does this make any sense? No. Airports are probably one of my favorite places to be. They are the hub of awesomeness. It's so interesting to just sit and watch people walking through the airport. Men and women in uniform being sent to different parts of the world, children trying to act grown-up by pulling their own little Barbie or Cars suitcases, muslim women with brightly colored hijabs, the list could go on for literally ever. Where are each of them going? Are the going for a wedding, a funeral, a vacation? I have decided that if I were to have a superpower it would be to be in two places at once. My other self would fly right alone with someone else to their country and experience their life while the my self back in the states could be visiting friends, traveling etc.
Another reason I like flying is because you meet very interesting people. On my flight from Nashville to Atlanta (ridiculous), I sat next to a Canadian composer who lives/works in Nashville. He was just writing a song for Rascal Flatts. Pretty awesome! He also explained to me how the composing process works nowadays. It is truly amazing what technology has done for the music industry. He also told me that he made music for a lot of the television shows and also for the olympics. Do I believe all this? Probably. Another topic that he also came back to was his cats. He had 3 of them and he loved them a whole lot from the amount that he talked about them. He also loved tennis. It's so interesting to see how much you can learn about a person in about an hour and a half. On the next flight I sat next to a man who had just gone to his son's military graduation in North Carolina. He was so proud. I slept most of that trip though because my 3 hours of sleep the night before caught up to me.
Here is just one more reason to love airlines (add sarcasm). On arriving in Ontario, I sadly discovered that my baggage had flown the coop and decided to visit my seat partners military son in North Carolina. It was a most frustrating experience and I was almost in tears from lack of sleep/utter frustration but I called my brother who gave me a little pep talk and the tears dissolved as if by magic. I am going to take this moment to say, I LOVE YOU WESLEY. Thank God for amazing brothers. After that the Brockmann's arrived and my week of fun in California begun with a little fruit basket and a peeling water bottle.
Welcome to California! Sounds like an eventful journey. I can echo many of your sentiments of about airlines. Hope you have a good time. Might see you around.
ReplyDelete