The doctor came in and gave her two options. To have her water broken which speed up her labor or let the baby come whenever it wanted. She couldn't take the pain any longer and since there was no hope for the baby, the parents opted for the first plan.
After the doctors broke her water, the baby came quickly. His tiny heart could be seen beating through his thin skin. Even at only 18 weeks his intricate fingers and toes were perfect miniatures of his parents. It didn't take long before his heart could no longer take the strain and it slowed. He slowly slipped away as his sobbing mother held her little boy that she would never know. I couldn't take it any longer, quickly left the room and ran crying into my co-workers arms. To see a life slip away in 15 minutes, with nothing that could be done to stop it, was the hardest thing to see. It wasn't even my child. I cannot even imagine if it was my own. To go through all the pain of labor just to have your baby die in your hands. Unimaginable pain.
Driving home I thought back on the day. God sees this every day. Every second of every day. How does He handle it? If I can't stand it I am sure that it's ten million times worse for Him. He made that little boy, he made that bird and raccoon, that man and women. With his fingertips He created life just to watch it slip away as the result of sin.
Romans 8:22-25: "We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
I'm not waiting very patiently please come back soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment