Sunday, December 11, 2011

Travels

My feet are itching to explore. Friends are taking trips across country, through Europe, to the great unknown wherever that may be. Honestly, I am so jealous. Not kill someone jealous but sad jealous. Exploring places discovered long ago, making memories in new places with new people. Sigh... I love Collegedale but it is time to get out. No more happy valley for me, give me a mountain to climb and explore, make me work hard but enjoy every minute of the journey. Here's what I would like to do if loans weren't in the way. I would save up money for a few months and then promptly quit my job. First, I would wander my way through Canada, exploring where my grandmother grew up. Then my wandering, itching feet would take me to Romania to see where my ancestors lived.


Scotland would be next, to find my clan with the head on a sword (long story), soon after this would follow Iceland and Greenland. England would happen for sure to visit my family there. Sweden to visit more friends. Australia to chill with the Bonellos and kangaroos. The list goes on and I want to see it all. The magnificent mountains of Pakistan, the endless deserts of Arabia. Spain, to learn spanish with a lisp.

 To get lost in the towering Alps with nothing but
wilderness around me. Skiing, snowboarding,
hiking, photographing, running, sleeping, camping, canoeing, laughing my way around the world. But alas, reality calls and with it the realization that six inductions and three c-sections await me tomorrow at work, so sleep must happen.

1 comment: